Monday 10 January 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Well, finally a new post :). Yep, happy new year to all! [I do realize that it is 10th of January already, but that doesn't really matter, hehe]. Maybe you've noticed that I've started to write in English (If you haven't, don't worry...there just might be something wrong in your head ;)). I figured it's about time. Plus, it's an opportunity for me (and some of you) to revise my/our knowledge of English (although I don't know if reading my blog is the best thing for those eager to improve/revise their English...I'm actually pretty sure it's not :), but it IS a start).

As you know I had my first 2 guests last week (Nina and Mihaela). I really loved being their guide. It might be because I like bossing people around...:D.
Anyway, on Friday we first went shopping. Thank to the "after Christmas sale" the prices weren't that high :). Then it was time to get ready for NYE (new year's eve). After just an hour (or two? but who really counts) we went to Paolo's and had a really nice dinner there. Then we wanted to see the fireworks. And we told them that we don't mind standing in the cold for 3 hours (we had to exaggerate a "bit"), waiting for it to start... But they said that there's a better option. So we went to a hill... And couldn't see anything!!! :(. Well...some other year then :). Oh, but we did manage to get our shoes quite dirty :)). Yaaay...


Next day we got out of the house just at 3pm, so we already knew that we're not going to see much. However, we still saw some nearby lakes. Sadly they weren't as nice as I thought they would be. [Later on I found out that they weren't actually lakes but reservoirs, hehehh]


Sunday was the day for Hyde park and some museums (we just quickly went through them...but they were sooo interesting!! You could easily spend a few hours in every one of them): National History Museum, Science Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum (we spent 2 hrs there, most of the time searching for an architecture exhibition!! but it was worth it). And because that wasn't enough for us...we went to Move - it's an contemporary art and dance exhibition. I think we all really liked it, especially because you are a part of it. For example, you can dress up as a gorilla :), spin a hula hoop, climb... After you've tried everything, you feel like you just got out of a gym!



On Monday we decided to be The Beatles :). [The guy on the picture is a Spanish guy, an innocent bystander we had to harass, because there were just 3 of us...hehh]

 

We then continued our way to Covent Garden, Leicester square, Trafalgar square. Nina and I learned that it's really hard to get on the lion!! :)
In the evening we went to listen to some blues :). And it was really nice!!

Trafalgar square...or we could actually call it "The Lion Square" ;)

Ain't Nothin But... (=famous blues bar)

On their last day in London we went to Camden Lock Market, Barbican centre (Mihaela's wish, but it was interesting for me and Nina as well), and then...some more jazz :).

 
Camden Lock


Then it was time for them to go home.. And for me to start going to Uni again!! 



1 comment:

  1. TA from G.translate hehehe

    YUP we have 2 go 2 the UNI :(

    ReplyDelete