Saturday 12 February 2011

Finally =)

Not writing for soooo long has some benefits for you: now you won't have to listen to (read about?) all that jibber-jabber, because I think I have already forgotten a lot. Hopefully not everything though.

[God, it seems ages ago...] Well, a day before I went home to Slovenia, we (Erasmus students) went to Icebar, literally the coolest bar in UK ;). The bar is completely made out of ice. Everything from walls, bar, tables...is made from ice. Even the glasses, which makes them really 100% recyclable ;). The crystal clear ice is harvested from the frozen Torne River in Jukkasjarvi, Northern Sweden. The bar is kept at minus 5 degrees, so 40 mins in it is totally enough :). You actually have a stopwatch on the wall, counting down the minutes and seconds till the end! They gave us thermal capes and gloves, so we could cope with the cold easier. In tako smo se spremenili v modre kapice ;).


International coffee week ;). Elham and my supervisor as well came back from their holidays and both brought coffee. So we had some Arabic and some Costa Rican coffee, both nice.


The next day I had to wake up early (luckily Andrea woke me up), having my flight to Slovenia that day. After just catching the bus (I arrived at the bus stop at 8.38, the bus left at 8.40, hehhe), I got to the airport in plenty of time. So, with two hours to kill, I had an expensive coffee, answered some questions for a (pretty boring) survey (why do they always find me??) and then it was time to leave London, first time after almost 4 months. It was nice travelling with almost no luggage. I was a bit worried about the weight of the suitcase, but then I found out that Easyjet doesn't have any weight limitations! How great is that? (I only wish I had known that earlier..but still, for the next time.) Well, the limitation is: you have to be able to lift it above your head (to put it on the shelf (?) in the plane). Hearing the safety announcements on the plane I started to wonder: why do they always tell you what do you have to do if you land in the water? Even on the inland flights. Just in case you manage to hit a river or a really huge lake when you crash? Hmm... And another thing, why do they let people with speaking disabilities speak to a large crowd of people? (And it wasn't the pilot or the flight attendants, it was a prerecorded Slovenian guy).

sunny in London, rainy and foggy in Ljubljana

It was really nice seeing my family and friends...:). And really funny sometimes - like when I started to talk about something and you knew all about it from the blog (made me so proud of you! heh Maybe I will do a quiz next time...giving prices for the best answers ;)...).

Well, I have to go now... I'm off to see an exhibition about the usage of medicine and drugs throughout the history... Hopefully I will continue with my writing soon :).

No comments:

Post a Comment