Tuesday 20 December 2011

Last 2 Weeks As Erasmus

Once upon a time...(heheh)
Judit and I went to a wok class, where we learnt how to prepare a Prawn toast. Seems tricky, eh? ;) Well, it actually wasn't that simple. We had to chop almost all the ingredients, but doing that we got to use professional knives. And it was much easier! And faster... And more fun :). Plus, the end results was even edible!


Later on that evening I went to watch a football match. Because "my" team, Tottenham (I was living in that area), was playing. Against Real Madrid. :). And I saw how the British cheer. It's actually really easy. They just kept repeating "Tottenham, Tottenham, Toooo....tteeeeennn.....haaaammm...". And when it was 4-0 for Real the started with "You will not win us 5-0....ha ha ha...". And they really didn't. :)

 London by night

The next day I was enjoying the sun in our backyard. It was really nice. Sunny, warm..(and it was the beginning of April!). But in the end I over exaggerated a bit and got sunburned! In London!!?!?! ;)


The London Latin Music Festival :)
Yasmin Levi + Melingo; they were really great!! :D I almost liked Melingo better, although it was actually Yasmin's concert. But he had this energy that made you smile all the time :). Well, actually, now that I think about it, she had it as well! Anyway, it was more than 3 hours of great music :))
[I was really happy that it was a long concert, because I was a bit late (just 15mins, but didn't even have a ticket for the concert yet) ;). The concert started at 7.30 (I think) and I was still at home at 7!! Plus, I had to top up my Oyster... Take 2 buses just to get to the tube. So I decided I won't take the 2nd bus (although it was there, at the bus stop, but the queue was too long for me to wait ;)). I figured, it's just one bus stop. I can walk (=run). Hmm...and because I'm me, I went off the bus a bit too soon, so I ended up running 3 bus stops! But still I came to the tube station before the bus did! Wow, I guess these buses are really slow. And I was running like crazy!!! And then I was running from the tube to the Barbican centre as well, but still, I was late :(. At least I had some exercise ;). ]
Yasmin; Melingo
Later on that night we went to Ronnie Scott's for some relaxing jazz :). Awwwww.... :) I love watching these artists play, because you can see that they are having so much fun.



Ojos de Brujo + Depedro; again a concert where you can't help yourself but to enjoy. Seriously...aaaaa!! :) And when Ojos were playing everybody stood up and started dancing - in front of their chairs! + these concerts are really not expensive...around 10 pounds. Wish we had something like that in Slovenia as well...
(pretty bad picture, but still you can see people dancing...some of them even on the stage..)
Ojos de BrujoDepedro


Because the sunny weather continued Roni and I decided to go to the Regent's park, and from there to Little Venice :).



Warwick avenue, "famous" because of Duffy's song

Southbank with Judit


British Museum again..:). You can always find something interesting there.


Andrea had her day off, so we decided to go to Royal Academy of Arts. But when we got there, we found out that you have to pay for almost every exhibition, so we were a bit disappointed :(. However, we were really lucky to find work of a special artist on the floor (just in front of the entrance). Ben Wilson is a chewing gum artist! He paints miniature pictures on pieces of discarded chewing gum.


And then we did something I wanted to do for a long time. We rode the bus. The Routemaster! :) It's a part of London public transport so you don't even have to pay extra. How great is that! :)


On my last Saturday in London (for some time at least), I was a film star ;). Roni asked me to and I sad yes. It was fun. And now, what have I learned from it....hmmm...when I'm asked to mumble, I can just use my normal voice :), and that I walk funny if there's a slope. Yaaay... ;)


The next day we went to watch Mini London Marathon. Interesting...and a lot of people wears costumes! It must be difficult to run in them.. [Later on, already in Slovenia, I watched a really funny movie, that gets serious when it has to...I don't remember ever hearing so many people laugh in the cinema. And for so long! Anyway there's London marathon as well, so it reminded me of this one...]

 Primrose Hill

Camden

Ritzy cinema. So lovely! ;) Went there on my last day in London with Judit and Andrea.


Then it was the day to leave. I was shocked when I saw 2 relatively small suitcases, in which I had to fit all my luggage that I had 7 months to accumulate! Uff... But I did it :). Managed to get everything to the airport as well, though it wasn't easy (20 kg of "big" luggage, well, 20.1 kg to be exact; and 25 of hand luggage!! Thought I would die on the way there... And had a massive muscle pain 2 days later..;) ). At the airport I of course firstly had to write the postcards...Then they checked my hand luggage. Imagine 25 kg of things. It was a lot. A LOT!! And that guy went through everything! Everything!! And he was so sloooooowwwww!!!! Still, I wasn't nervous... Although on the boarding pass it said that the gates close at 10 past something (don't remember). The baggage screener finally finished at 15 past. And then it took me 10 minutes to stuff everything back inside. But not everything fit. Great :). So I had more clothes in my hands... And I had the whole conversation already prepared in my head, if they asked me about it. It would go like this: "Why do you have so many clothes?" "It's really cold in Slovenia." "Huh, really??" "Yep, it's in Russia. It's obvious. We have almost the same flag." "Oh, yeah...Slovenia!!" ;) But no one asked me anything. I came there a bit more than 5 minutes before scheduled take off. It was a bit stressfull. :P

They thought that 20 kg suitcase was heavy?? ;) + all my bracelets on my hand...so I didn't have excess luggage :).

2 comments:

  1. Pa ti si svetovna!:)) In zvita seveda (glede prtljage in tistega načrtovanega govora).:) Pa hvala ti za pravo sprostitev ob tako zabavnem pripovedovanju, poslušanju pesmi (predvsem so mi všeč od Ojosa in Depedra) in gledanju lepih slikc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehh...hvala :) :D. Lepo, da so ti všeč :)

    ReplyDelete